Date: Saturday, October 11th
Time: Check-in Opens: 9:00 AM - Start time: 10:00 AM (1-mile and 5K route)
Location: Thomson Reuters Campus - 610 Opperman Drive, Eagan, MN 55123
Contact: Stephanie Kass, Walk Director
Phone: 651-636-7300 ext. 5
Welcome to the 2014 Twin Cities Walk!
Kidney Walk is the nation's largest walk to fight kidney disease. Held in nearly 100 communities, the event raises awareness and funds lifesaving programs that educate and support patients, their families and those at risk.
DID YOU KNOW?
Fundraising for Kidney Walk is fun and easy! We have made it simple by outlining 5 Steps to Fundraising Success which can be found in your walk center and by clicking the Fundraising Tools link to your left.
Still need more information? Contact Stephanie Kass, Walk Director.
In recognition for your hard work, you can earn great prizes. Every walker who raises at least $100 will receive an official Kidney Walk t-Shirt. Our average walker raises $200 and many become Kidney Walk Top Fundraisers, an honor reserved for those who raise $1,000 or more for the Kidney Walk. To learn more about these exciting fundraising incentives, please visit our Fundraising Rewards page.
The 2014 Twin Cities Kidney Walk is Presented by
What will be at the Kidney Walk?
9:00 AM to 9:50 AM
- All Walkers should check in at the Check-In Tent
- Walkers who raise $100+ can pick-up a Kidney Walk T-shirt at the T-shirt Tent
- Performances by Daina & Ray, Interactive Acoustic Duo, DJ 4ENZIKS, and Women's Drum Center Worldbeats
- Kowalski’s Breakfast Snacks, Starbucks Coffee and Water will be available
- Complete your Kidney Walk scavenger hunt by participating in activities and by visiting our sponsors in the Health and Wellness Tent for giveaways and information
- Check out the Games2U Mobile Video Game bus, Chair Massages, Mutt Hut for Furry Friends, Kid's Fun Zone, Mandana the Balloon Artist and more!
- Decorate your Team Banner, get your Team Photo Taken at the Photo Tent and check out the Astellas photo booth.
- Visit with Minnesota’s Beloved Mascots
9:50 AM to 10:15 AM
- Minnesota’s Largest Prancercise Warm Up
- Women's Drum Center Worldbeats - drum line performance
- Opening Ceremony hosted by WCCO Reporter, Reg Chapman with guest star, David Rush.
- Walk Start - Walkers can choose either 1-Mile Route or 5K Route.
10:15 AM to 11:00 AM
- Kidney Walk & Music
11:00 AM to 11:15 AM
- Lunch compliments of Green Mill & Closing Ceremony
- Dog Costume Contest and Team T-shirt & Team Banner Design Contest Awards