Let's Get Moving!
Hello, and thank you for helping me reach my fundraising goal! Your contribution will go to programs and services that benefit kidney patients, transplant recipients (like myself), organ donors and their families: early detection screenings, research, education for professionals and patients, and much more.
Please support me with a donation by selecting the "Donate" button.
Why Walk the Kidney Walk?
- Chronic kidney disease affects 26 million Americans--1 in 9--and millions more are at risk
- Kidney disease is common, harmful and treatable
- Risk factors include high blood pressure, diabetes and family history of kidney disease
- Early detection can slow or even prevent the progression of kidney disease
- Once kidneys fail, patients need dialysis or a transplant to survive
- More than 85,000 Americans are waiting for a kidney transplant