Hello All! Welcome to my personal fundraising page! I hope you had a great summer and you are enjoying your fall!
As some of you know, I organized a charity spin ride to raise money for the National Kidney Foundation earlier this year. It was a great success and I am only $106 away from my goal of $1,800 with less than a month to go until the NYC Walk on November 10, 2013!
In December 2012 I transferred departments at New York Presbyterian Hospital and am now working in the Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Department. Not only was this a new challenge, but it was meaningful to me because my dad is a kidney transplant patient and received a new kidney in June 2007. I am happy to report he is doing well!
- 26 million Americans 1 in 9 are living with kidney disease
- 1 in 3 Americans are at risk for developing kidney disease
- diabetes and high blood pressure are the leading causes of chronic kidney disease
- once kidneys fail, patients need dialysis or a transplant to survive
- early detection can slow or even prevent the progression of kidney disease
- more than 92,000 Americans are waiting for a kidney transplant
Please consider supporting me and the National Kidney Foundation as we work together to fight kidney disease.
I am asking for your support. Please donate to my personal fundraising efforts. By doing so, you can help me make a difference for millions of people.