My Personal Page
Thank you for your support!
Mr. Robert Edwin Kenyon III
Thank you for supporting me and the other Team USA members in our efforts to promote organ donation and transplantation!
Please support me with a donation by clicking on the red "Support" button now!
About Team USA the World Transplant Games
Team USA is this country's representative to the biennial World Transplant Games celebration of life that includes transplant recipients, their friends and families, living donors, donor families, transplant professionals and spectators from all over the world.
The World Transplant Games is the largest international athletics competition for recipients of all life-saving organ transplants. The Games serve to promote the health and fitness of its participants while showcasing the success of transplantation, highlighting the tremendous need for more organ and tissue donors, and honoring the thousands of selfless acts of love from donors and their families all over the world.
As much as the Games is an athletic event that calls attention to the success of organ and tissue transplantation, it is also a celebration of life among recipients, their families and friends as well as an opportunity to honor organ donors, without whose sacrifice thousands of individuals would not have survived.
The mission of the World Transplant Games® is to demonstrate the success of transplantation, honor those who have given the gift of life, and call attention to the need for more organ donors.
Funds raised will be used for TEAM USA, and local organ donation and transplantation-related activities.
- Nearly 100,000 people are currently on the waiting list in the United States.
- One tissue donor can help improve the lives of more than 50 people.
- An average of 18 people die each day from the lack of available organs for transplant.
- Every 12 minutes another person is added to the national transplant waiting list.
- More than two million Americans die each year, but only 15,000 die under circumstances that make them medically eligible to donate organs.
- Of the estimated 15,000 medically eligible to donate organs, only about 6,000 patients actually become donors.
- About 750,000 tissue transplants are performed each year in the United States.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.