How Your Money Helps
The money you raise for the National Kidney Foundation Kidney Walk will ensure that we continue our mission of helping the millions with kidney disease. About 79 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to vital NKF programs and services, including:
- Kidney Disease Education through public awareness campaigns about risk factors and early detection, and free patient resources for patients and their families
- Early Detection and Prevention with NKF's free community kidney health screenings and risk factor assessments
- Advancing Clinical Care by educating healthcare professionals and developing and refining CKD guidelines for diagnosis and treatment
- Supporting the Search for Better Treatments by funding millions of dollars into kidney-related clinical research
- Advocating for kidney patients with better public policies that benefit kidney patients, transplant recipients, organ donors and their families
- Promoting Organ Donation through END THE WAIT, a groundbreaking collaborative initiative to increase organ donation, and the NKF U.S. Transplant Games, an Olympic-style event that showcases the gifts of transplantation and organ donation
The National Kidney Foundation is an accredited 501(c)(3) charity. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The Kidney Walk takes place all over the country, with over 100 events each year. More than 75,000 Walkers have joined NKF to raise more than $7 million a year to help kidney patients and their families!
The money you raise for the Kidney Walk goes to vital programs like
education and early detection kidney health screenings. Below is a financial
breakdown of NKF's expenses from 2010. See how your money is spent in helping
the fight against kidney disease!