How Your Money Helps
Your donation dollar is well-spent with the National Kidney Foundation. More than 81 cents of every dollar goes directly to vital programs and services, including:
- Early Detection - free kidney health screenings
- Public Education Initiatives - awareness through public service campaigns, and community and online education
- Advocacy - promotion of legislation impacting kidney patients, donors and transplant recipients
- Organ Donation - action plan to End the Wait! for kidney transplants in the U.S.
- Patient Services - support and information through a toll-free hotline, NKF Cares (1-855-653-2273) and a peer mentoring program
- Professional Education - clinical guidelines that are changing the way physicians practice, continuing education opportunities and peer-reviewed journals to ensure that health care professionals never stop learning the latest in kidney disease treatment
- Research Support - $90 million to 1,000 scientists since 1968, assessment of how kidney disease is identified in diabetes patients and analysis of the world's largest database about kidney patient care
To learn more, visit us at www.kidney.org
The National Kidney Foundation is an accredited 501(c)(3) charity. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The Kidney Walk takes place all over the country, with over 100 events each year. More than 75,000 Walkers have joined NKF to raise more than $7 million a year to help kidney patients and their families!
The money you raise for the Kidney Walk goes to vital programs like
education and early detection kidney health screenings. Below is a financial
breakdown of NKF's expenses from 2010. See how your money is spent in helping
the fight against kidney disease!