LaceUp Walker Toolkit
How will we be walking this year?
Answer: tune in virtually, LaceUp locally
We may not be able to unite in person, but our different paths share a common purpose; together we’ll LaceUp to save lives.
Rest assured, this format is new to everyone, so we’ve provided a whole toolkit of information and ideas to get you started!
- Begin by personalizing your Kidney Walk page: document your kidney disease journey or tell us why you walk. Then ask your personal network to support you before walk day. Hint: start fundraising early to earn your walk day outfit – the more you raise and share, the more you get to wear! Learn more about fundraising incentives below
- Join us on Social: Help us spread the word about LaceUp on your social media accounts. Start by creating a Facebook Fundraiser through your Walk Center, then RSVP to your local walk's Facebook event. Post regularly to get your followers excited to LaceUp with you! Don’t forget to invite others to join your team - your friends and family can walk from anywhere!
- On Walk Day, tune in to a brief opening ceremony: join together with others who will be LacingUp throughout your state and beyond. Get warmed up and share in the power and passion of our community of kidney health warriors.
- Then suit up: don your Kidney Walk swag and take your own personal walk in your neighborhood (or even by climbing the stairs in your home).
Below, we've compiled a full suite of tools to help you make the most of your LaceUp season. We hope you'll explore and utilize these resources as you get ready to walk.
- When you’re done: take a selfie or video with your team and share it on social media. Don’t forget to use #KidneyWalkLaceUp! Also, look out for a link to visit the Finisher Page to check on our National LaceUp progress. No matter how you choose to walk this year, we want to share the experience with you!
Social Media Tools
How to LaceUp: Fun ideas to think "outside" your typical walk route.
Walk Day Prep: Resources to help you get ready to tune in, LaceUp and share!
We are grateful to our National and Local Partners who have stuck by NKF and the Kidney Walk in 2020. Please check out all of the great information and giveaways they are providing by clicking below.
LogistiCare, the nation’s largest non-emergency medical transportation company, is lacing-up with the National Kidney Foundation again in 2020 as a National Multi-Market Sponsor of the Kidney Walk. Learn more about how LogistiCare gives back to the community here.
Created by leading kidney doctors, Moonstone is the first over-the-counter drink mix that helps prevent kidney stones and supports healthy kidney function. To receive 25% off of your order, click here and use coupon code NKF25.
Transplant Genomics Inc.
(TGI) is a new 2020 Kidney Walk National Multi-Market Sponsor. TGI aims to improve kidney transplant outcomes through molecular diagnostic tests that detect early signs of graft injury, differentiate among actionable causes and enable optimization of therapy. Download a brochure
and watch a webinar
to learn more.